Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Green Boulevard
















We walked along the green boulevard,

savoring each other's presence.

Life looked so serene, so tranquil,

everything around was ethereal.

You looked into my eyes

and I sheepishly looked elesewhere.

I felt too frail to bear that affectionate look of yours.

You said no word, yet I heard everything.

You gently whispered my name

and the ambience reverberated with it.

I felt a state of delirious joy,

a moment that encapsulated Eternity.

You kissed my forehead and a chill ran down my spine.

I shuddered but you pulled me close to yourself.

My fears subdued and I ensconced in your arms.

Your love flowed profusely around

and Nature seemed to serenade me with its melodies.






------------------------------------------------------------

The boulevard is still green and so are my pains.

My hands are dull, wrinkled and void.

My vision is blurred due to the film of tears

captivated in my eyes.

Everything looks so benumbing.

I hear the stentorian cries of my heart.

I feel agony, anguish and nothing more.

Ambushed grief assaults me,

I cry yet no one comes to my salvage.

Nature no more serenades me,

it mourns and all I can hear is a heart wrenching dirge.














No comments:

Post a Comment