Saturday, May 8, 2010

MoThEr'S DaY Special!

A YEAR BEFORE
1. Her "constant vigil" irritates the hell out of me.
2.At times, I even feel that she hovers about my head & makes a constant endeavor to intrude into my privacy.
3.She surreptitiously enters my room when I am away & inspects every corner of it.
She unfailingly, confiscates my mobile phone if she finds me talking to someone suspicious.
4.She halves down my allowances to a meager 5oo bucks when she sees me spending exorbitantly.
5. She doesn't let me do my choice.She raises an eyebrow when she sees me wearing a "skin tight Tee".
6. She frowns every time when she sees my "jean" sliding down to my pelvic girdle.
7. She never lets me attend the "late night parties", raises a myriad questions if she finds me chatting with an "unknown" on the Internet.
8.I can affirmatively say that my mom is the "WORLD'S WORST COOK"
9.I hate muchly when my mom tries to act a "career counselor" to me.
10.I HATE HER THE MOST BECAUSE SHE IS MY BIGGEST ENEMY.
Now, is there any reason left that would make me joyously celebrate the much hyped "MOTHER'S DAY"?

A YEAR AFTER
Scene:-a whopping 500 miles away from home, i am seated.Struggling hard to earn my bread....
1.Now, that I am ill, the thing that I yearn for the most is my mom's tender care, her affectionate "kiss" on my forehead & that "bear hug " of hers & yes that SPICE-LESS YET PRICELESS CONVALESCENT FOOD.....
2.I so badly regret taking up a career that is so "misfit" for me....How I wish lending an ear to my mom's advices a year ago!
3. The "SKIN-TIGHT TEE & THE SLIDING JEANS" have made me face a very many "awkward situations"....
4.Now,I've learnt the minute difference between being "Generous" & being "Spendthrift" . I value money.
5. A drunk guy even tried to molest me in one of the so-called "late-night parties" .
6.On the eve of this Mom's day, I just want to say a "heart-felt" sorry to my mother. I shouted at her for the "peskiest" & the "pettiest" things.....I made her cry for innumerable times....& here I culminate with these few lines:-
The world is unhappy, a place
but Ma, it's in you circle of embrace,
where I can find solace!
Happy Mother's Day Mumma!:)


P.S:-The "I" is not me!:D

5 comments:

  1. lol I have been kinda free bird major part of my life, yeah ma do some kinda vigilance sometimes, but most of the times cig packets would be laying in very visible way! :D

    But you do miss mom when you're 1000 miles away and struggling hard to make the ends meet! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha:D ,,,, I am very fortunate that I still live with my mother!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I made a blunder...It should be "bear hug" & not "beer hug"....I am really thankful to Saikat da for rectifying this mistake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good follow up article after the great start! Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete